Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A sad day

Today i had to admit thwt I was not coping with the constant care of the babies. Lack of sleep and not being able to take any meds when I needed them left me in pain, exhausted and very emotional
So I made the hardest decision to ask Julie to take the kittens back. 
She was wonderful and did not make me feel any worse than I already did. She was happy to take them back and continue hand rearing them. 
They are three weeks old today and will be eating and pooping all on their own soon. They had such beautiful personalities and stole my heart. 
The little ginger boy was the smaller of the two and he would just stare into your eyes and melt your heart.
The bigger was the little girl and she was always hungry for her bottle and then would crawl onto your lap and purr. 
Here she is trying to get into my Basket full of granny squares.
when I got her out she then tried to work out how to get onto my lap from all the way over there.
I know I will miss them and I really wish I could of kept them but I know I can't. Even bella would mother them and wash them while I was feeding. They loved bella and would follow her, but she was way to quick and would get away once she had,had enough.
So now they are over the road and I know they will be well cared for, and the right homes will be found for them when the time is right. 
But they will always have a place in my heart 

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job. i know it is hard. But u made a good choice too. You can see them any time you want still. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been a difficult decision to make Angela but you have to think of you, and what is best for you. (that ginger one is gorgeous! ) Thank you so much for the lovely comments that you've left on my blog; they are much appreciated. xx

    ReplyDelete