Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Doing a Mrs Cropley

For those that don't get the reference of the title. Mrs Cropley was a character on The Vicar of Dibley. She would concoct recipes using outrages ingredients   Such as putting fishpaste in cakes. 
I didn't do that. But I did just add this and that and created a meal 

I had two pork chops and some pork sausages left over from a BBQ on Sunday and it had to be cooked today 
So I got my big pan out and browned the meat 
Took that out and cooked down some onions, and added one large green apple. 
Once I tossed that through I put the meat back in and added some potato chopped into wedges on top. 
A splash of water and put the lid on. 
I then put the whole thing into the oven and cooked it for about an hour slowly
Then I took the lid off and cooked another 15-20 minutes until the whole thing got brown and the sauce thickened. 
It was very very yummy. So I'll definitely be making this again 
See so kinda like Mrs Cropley. But not quite!
See ya 

5 comments:

  1. It sounds and looks yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. And it smelt delish as well

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the explanation, I had no clue about Mrs. Cropley. (Have only heard of the Vicar of Dibley.)
    Were you able to eat all that? It's a good idea. I've had to do things like that myself and surprisingly, it works! Apple and pork are surely meant to be together, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol no Sharon. If feed both hubby and me for dinner and there is enough left for his lunch today. And yes apples, onions and pork. Match made in heaven

      Delete
  3. Sounds yummy! Mrs Cropley...what a character she was...I'd feel my stomach start to churn just listening to her list the ingredients she'd put in her cooking! Lol.

    ReplyDelete