Wednesday, October 19, 2016

R.I.P Buffy

This is buffy. I have written about her before. 
She came to us after a friend found her locked in a shed. She was traumatised and quite feral. 
It too a long time for her to trust us and even longer for her to allow us to touch her. But in time she became a loving and loyal member of this family. She was never one to come inside. Even at th shed. She would go into th  office and only would venture into the work area if it was all open. 
This did change in the later years and she would go into th office with hubby and keep him company. 
Every morning. She would walk over with hubby. Wait until he opened up. And she would run upstairs to the tea room area and wait for her breakfast. 

About two weeks ago, a tomcat in the area decided to come over and attack her. She is old and slow now and sleeps most of the day. She was on th swing chair out the front and he beat her up pretty badly. 
I wondered then if this was it for the bufster but she rallied and has spent the last two weeks in the office being pampered by the boys. 

But this morning she was not good. I got the call from a heartbroken hubby. It was time to let her go. 

So today we let buffy go over the rainbow bridge. 
We are so very sad. Never again will she run out to meet us when we pull in the driveway. Never again will she walk over to the workshop and have her breakfast with hubby 

She is now sleeping with willow under the big tree. 
I hope they are both once again chasing rabbits and will meet me when I go over one day. 

  

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, my friend. My heart breaks with your. Hugs. It is never easy to let them go. They take a piece of our heart with them. And leave us with a big piece of theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the loss of your sweet girl. You did the right thing though even though we are sure that it hurts.

    Julie and Poppy Q
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that, Angela. Hugs to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. She is already missed so much. The place isn't the same without her guarding it out th front

    ReplyDelete