Tuesday, July 17, 2018

The not so glamorous stuff

This is how we wash the clothes, wash the clothes, wash the clothes 
Yup hand washing in that bucket of river water. 
You don’t waste drinking water washing clothes! 
So everyday hubby got me fresh river water and I soaked the clothes overnight and did them first thing 
It was so hot and dusty the clothes just got putrid 
Not to mention the smell of fish and mud crabs!


It was back breaking work and I have a renewed appreciation for my washing machine 
I hung my stuff on these clothes horses and kept them under the awning overnight to keep them dry 
A few times the fog was so bad even overnight that they still got wet through so I just had to keep an eye on them and bring them in as soon as they were dry 

Jody had a clothes line mostly it worked well. But some people. Like to speed past and lots of dust would end up on the washing 
Either way dust was a real problem. But we just capitulated and thought 
“Well as long as they smell clean, it will be fine”


The same inside 
Dust everywhere 
Kitchens to clean
Bathrooms to wipe down 

Beds to make 
But a women’s work is never done
So we gave it a good go every morning and then ignored it all the rest of the day


Until meal times that is 
But that’s a whole other story lol 
Go and hug your washing machines. They’re wonderful! 
See ya xxx


2 comments:

  1. LOL, I will go hug my washing machine for you. Amazing it was the only way for some of our ancestors. So, happy to hear from you. Hugs. Love ya too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of times here when I washed clothes in a bucket of water warmed by the sun. I was a helluva lot younger, wouldn't do it now!
    Can commiserate!
    And dust. Darn the stuff!!

    ReplyDelete