Thursday, August 27, 2026

Catch up

​I’ve been catching up with you all, and I hope to not let it get so long before I check out your blogs again 

But you know. Life happens 

After the busy week I was a wee bit tired and just had a slow rest day on Monday. 

I have been spending a few hours most days in the art studio and I’m just trying different 

Techniques to find what works for me. 

Tuesday I had a dentist appointment to get my teeth cleaned and some X-rays. 

My teeth are not the problem. Gum disease is. 

So the plan is that I will go back once a week for four weeks, where she will so a quarter of my mouth

Each time, giving them a really deep clean. 

I’m not entirely sure I’m ready for that. But it is for the best

They have some excellent gel that numbs everything and I’m definitely going to have that again 

Meanwhile 


Christmas shopping has begun. 

I’ve also spent some time on line today and I’ve ordered 

A few things for the girls. 

I always buy them clothes and the bulk of the order today was just that. 

I sent the text to their mothers for sizes and they were both good girls and 

Sent the information straight back to me. 

I usually wait until hubby’s birthday is over, he’s is the 8th of September, but I’ve ordered his 

Gift online. It was a while ago, and it’s still not here. I’m hoping it will get here before his birthday 

Arrives. 

Other than that. Life is pretty good here in the nest. 

You can feel that spring feeling in the air. 

It will soon be time to get into the garden and harvest all the winter crops and 

Begin planting the summer food. 

It will be nice to be able to spend time out in the sun again.  

Until the extreme heat of summer really hits 

Enjoy what ever your day brings 

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy whatever your day brings. Words to live by. Yesterday here we had family birthdays and name days, Natalia. Today is another Saints day. Of course 🤣 Ag Fanourios who finds list items. I'm making him a special cake to say thanks on behalf of a daughter.
    Still too darn hot here.
    Enjoy that Spring in the air feeling. I've already bought a few xmas presents too. Must start looking more seriously. Only 4 months to 🙄😜😱

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it goes so fast. It will be here before we know it

      Delete
  2. we were just talking about Christmas today. I have five, 10 to 13 years of age. So cash is king for them. The 8 year old, anything for his Nintendo Switch and the 5 year old, he's the one that I can buy for!!!! He's still just a kid in all things Christmas. They grow up so fast it's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melody is ten now so yes. She’s harder to buy for.
      Although she loves all things art so I’ve started by getting some acrylic paints for her.

      Delete
  3. I have had so many specialists in my mouth over the years - I now go every 3 months for a deep clean as I too have gum disease. Luckily I have a good hygienist who is a pleasure to go and see, although it still is a horrible process. I went on Thursday, emerged well numbed and then into a meeting - and found I had to talk the whole way through it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would have been very hard. I was mumbling for an hour at least

      Delete
  4. Oh no not Xmad!😱 I can't bear to think about the end of this week let alone 4 months away.

    ReplyDelete