the day had been filled with washing. Lots of washing. I didn’t do any over the weekend so I had three full loads
I folded all the dry clothes to make room for all the fresh laundry
In between I was going through my scrap bag as I needed more hexies made
I’ve been working on and off stitching more hexies into the quilt top, and I can go through them quite quickly
I had lots of 3 inch squares but the choice of colours wasn’t a huge amount
I needed different colours or it would become quite monotonous

You can see how different the new pieces are
I’ll spend tonight stitching them ready to start adding to the quilt top
I also cooked two meals tonight I had a big tray of chicken thigh fillets
One half went into the oven to make chicken and rice
The second half I made Greek chicken soup
I have an optometrist appointment tomorrow and while I’m in Cranbourne I’ll get a few things done
That means by the time I get home I’ll be too tired to cook
Crisis is now avoided
Busy busy busy! Enjoy that chicken soup.
ReplyDeleteJust what you need after a trip to town.
All those hexies are amazing
I think we need the chicken soup recipe. I have a chicken coming in my next delivery...
ReplyDeleteLocal kiwi probably knows the traditional recipe. But I just use chicken stock, chicken and either rice or I love those egg noodles that come in the shape of nests.
DeleteOnce it’s all cooked. Let cool. Then beat eggs, add lemon juice. Take a little of the soup broth and add it to the egg and lemon mix. Then stirring you add it all to the soup.
It’s great when you don’t feel well. I always made it for the kids when they were little. And sometime they ask for it if they’re not feeling well now their adults too.
Definitely comfort food
Must try some egg lemon chicken soup. I tend to use the chicken broth as the bade for all our veg soups but managed to remember to boil up some lamb bones the other day and made a gallon of minestrone. Had to freeze some - I don't think minestrone would be welcome 4 nights in a row.
ReplyDelete