Thursday, September 24, 2026

A tale of two days

​yesterday I had a scan on my shoulder. So since I was leaving the house I decided to get as much done as possible 

The doctor is opposed Bunnings, I needed something to keep the rabbits out of the little orchard. They have stripped the bark off the small fruit trees. 

It’s fenced, but they can get through the bars.  

I was looking for some shade cloth but couldn’t find any 

But I did find this 


I think two will do the orchard, the third is to put against the north side of the chicken coop. 

It will give them shade during the hot summer. I hope 

While there I purchased some seedlings. 


As I clear space I’ll plant out summer veggies 

Not only will I not have to plant a multitude of seedlings all at 

Once. I’ll also have staggered harvests.  

Well that’s the plan anyway 


I also go these two, hellebore plants. They have brightened a very sad part of the garden. 

I then headed off to the optometrist to pick up my two new pairs of glasses 

They are great in there. I’ve been going to them for about twenty years.

They will not let you just pick up and go. 

They are very fussy and will continually try on and adjust until your glasses fit perfectly 

As they are right across the road from the shopping centre I quickly walked over and headed to the 

Reject shop. 

Ana loves having grandma day on Fridays. Even if it’s a holiday, if her parents haven’t organised anything special she still comes over. 

She’s been feeling a little left out.  Not only that. Georgia is now able to follow her everywhere, and she is getting a little 

Overwhelmed. 

She ask her mummy for some alone time. I feel her. 

So I asked her mummy if she was happy for Ana to come to the farm with us. 

We leave today, Thursday, and come back Saturday. The football grand final is on and 

Hubby won’t want to miss that. 

Because there is no television at the farm, I wanted to make sure I had lots of things 

To do with Ana while we were there. 

I bought some puzzles and a small diamond art project. Once it’s done you hang it near a window. 

Ive also got the rest of those stitch squares we started, I’m sure we will find time to do at least one of those 

Grandma has taken some water colour painting supplies, that I can share with Ana as well. 

After all that I came home and planted the plants, 

Packed the crafting into the van and then pretty much dropped. 

Today 

All washing is up to date and hung in the house.


It will well me truely be dry when I get home.

I’ve packed the food and my clothes 

and made sure all the daily chores are done

Ana’s daddy will put her car seat into our car once he has gone and picked up Ana

From day care. 

It was footy day and she was looking forward to wearing all her football gear.

We decided it was better to let her go to that, while we packed.

I think I’m all ready to go 

I’ll shut down the house just before we leave

I definitely need a holiday after all that 

3 comments:

  1. Have fun with Ana. Our grandson's are brother's and the older of the two does and needs the same thing, alone time. Like Ana his younger sibling follows him around all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pesky rabbits - neighbours cut pieces of drain pipe to put around base of plant stems to protect when they whipper-snip the grass but I reckon it might also stop Bugs Bunny from stripping bark as well. I'll let you know when I've tried it.

    ReplyDelete