Tuesday, September 15, 2026

General life and insomnia

​the weekend was a beautiful sunny one. 

Hubby started mowing and did some very needed weeding 


The rose garden is looking much better. 

There is still one section to go. It’s supposed to rain again so we don’t know when that will get done 


I stripped the bed and was able to finally dry them on the line. 

When I got them back on the bed the whole room smelled like sunshine 

Saturday night we went out to dinner with friends

Sunday was a slow rest day. 

Monday we had lunch with my swim friends, to celebrate a 70th birthday 

Today I ran around the house getting it ready for Dianne to clean. 

Yes I know. I’m that person 

After all the business I was hoping I would sleep 

No. Pain and hormones just won’t let me. 


It’s 11.00 pm and I’m wide awake 

When you have insomnia, what do you do?

Well I continue sewing more hexis, while listening to an audiobook and watching painting tutorials 

At least I’m getting lots done 

If you see the sandman please send him my way. 

2 comments:

  1. That Sandman needs a good kick in the ass -- get over to Australia, you lazy bastard, and help Angela sleep, RIGHT NOW! I hope that helps.

    One trick I use with occasional insomnia is to close my eyes and relentlessly think of a simple rhyme over and over and over, non-stop. Something that requires no real thought, like "Mary had a little lamb." And I keep doing it until it bores me to sleep.

    I'm home now from my recent road trip and back to daily blogging again. I know that the Blogger Feeds are no longer operating and it is frustrating as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raining here now and so obviously autumn.
    The next generations are going to treasure all those quilts made from your many hexis. Lucky you have interests, arts and crafts, and YouTube to pass those hours

    ReplyDelete