as you know I had to go to the dentist to do a deep clean.
I’m not good with dentist’s.
I get very anxious. I’ve tried taking the Valium before going.
But they didn’t do a thing. So I gave up on those.
This morning, after a sleepless night. I decided to buy myself
A squishy

Isn’t it cute.
If it had any feelings at all. It would have felt like an hour of torture to it.
I got into the chair and we discussed the approach
She had initially suggested we do it over four weeks.
But this morning she said two would be better.
I’m like ok. Let’s do it.
She starts to get ready and I see a needle.
I do not like needles.
I can give them to people. And I have.
But nope. Not for me thanks.
She said that I really needed it as it will be very painful. And she promised
would numb my gums with the gel.
Fine, then I want the whole mouth done today.
I didn’t trust myself to come back next week.
So that’s what she did. She is a lovely lady who really does understand that
Many of us fear their profession, without getting offended.
She suggested to her helper that they play some background music
The assistant asked me what music did I like.
Old? New? I said old please. The eighties.
Well I have to say, although it wasn’t a day at the amusement park,
It ended up not being anywhere near as painful or scary as I had thought.
I even asked for an extra shot as the area they were cleaning was a tad painful.
I know. How brave am I lol
So now I’ve got all the potions she has said I needed to use
Plus some little tiny picks to go in-between my teeth for that extra clean
And I don’t have to see her again for three months.
I really hope she doesn’t leave the surgery.
A few years ago I had another lovely dentist there. Again very
Compassionate and understanding.
But he left and I didn’t like the one who took his place.
Which is why I didn’t go back until I really really had too.
Now that’s out of the way
The optometrist is next, and I’ve received a reminder for my
Breast screening.
Everything starts to break down as you age, honestly. I’m spending a small
Fortune. Well except for the mammogram. They’re free. Thank goodness
I've read about squishies. Almost bought one for a granddaughter who has stress. Maybe I will. That's cute.
ReplyDeleteBut you needed something much stronger. I'm glad it all turned out well. Good luck with the next session and the mammogram
Good for you for going despite the anxiety. How brave!
ReplyDeleteWell done. You smashed it!
ReplyDeleteIt's great to find a compassionate dentist isn't it.
ReplyDelete