Friday, August 25, 2017

Balloon ride

A long time ago. Bec and I talked about how we wanted to take a ride in a balloon 
We decided that one day we would do it 
But life, as it does, got in the way and it got pushed back 
And eventually out of our minds I 


But 
At the start of the year we decided we would do it for my fiftieth birthday 

Well eight months later we finally got up, up and away 
What a wonderful feeling floating through the sky
It's as close as we can get to feeling like a bird sailing on the currents 
There were three other balloons that took off at the same place and time as us 
We were in the Yarra valley and could see all ththe way to the city, and could see more balloons 
Sailing around Melbourne! 

Here we all are ready for take off. I think our multicoloured balloon was the prettiest! 
What a wonderful memory we now have 
Thanks so much Bec for making this dream a reality. No way would I have ever done something like this on my own 
If you ever get the chance I highly recommend it
It's not scary at all, but so very relaxing and inspiring 
Might have to do it again someday 
See ya xxx

6 comments:

  1. I am so green. That was on my bucket list. So glad for you that you actually did it, and what better way than with a buddy with the same heart! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. My legs would be trembling before we left the ground. Don't think I'd manage to get in the basket.
    You flew! Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you achieved your goal and enjoyed it. Looks like wonderful views from up there.

    Cant say that this type of adventure is on my bucket list lol!

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must of missed this.
    So that's what you were doing out at the hotel! Lucky so and so - crossing off my bucket list for me 😊
    Even though I want to do it I'm not sure I could if you follow my meaning. Bet it was cold up there ~ Cathy

    Cathy @ Still Waters


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually warmer up higher. And it's not as scary as I though it would be. Give it a go!

      Delete
  5. Wow, what a wonderful experience. I am not sure I'd be brave enough to do that. Thanks for commenting about the barn! Last year we only had about 6 feet of snow, but the year before we had over 11 feet of snow, so it really is needed here! The worst for the animals, though, is the wind chills, because when it's -25 C outside, with a strong wind, the wind chills can be down to -40 C, and that is not good even with their heavy wool coats.

    ReplyDelete