Saturday, October 3, 2026

Wet wet wet

​this morning we took the girls back home. Their two little cousins were coming over as their parents had a wedding. It’s lovely how they all get on 

On the drive back home we had to detour because of road works and saw lots of paddocks full of water 

So much rain. In two days we have had a whole months worth of rain snd it’s still coming down 


So much here that it isn’t draining away. 

The emergency app has been going off all the time 

There are flood warnings everywhere in the 

Both home and farm are in that big yellow section 


Hubby wanted to go to the farm and just check thing out  the house and shed are on a huge hill so are safe from flooding  

But we did have a puddle in the house last week. We don’t know how so he’s going to make sure that hasn’t happened again 

So I’m here keeping down the fort  


My brain is pretty fried after three days of grandchildren.

 Enjoying the peace and quiet 



I got hubby to light the fire and bring in plenty of wood before he left  

As you can see both Trixie and Bella approve 

I have decided to start sewing the squares together. I’m hoping this time next week I’ll have it done  

I’ve sewn more hexies, and they’re ready for when I’m in the mood to continue sewing them together.  It was always going to be a long term project so I feel no guilt putting it aside for now 

So if you need me I’ll be inside with some yarn in the peace and warmth of my home  

Doesn’t really take much for me to be happy  


No comments:

Post a Comment