Saturday, July 18, 2026

Ask and you shall receive

​especially if you ask grandma. 

Ana was watching something on the television while I was feeding Georgia. 

She asked what was that girl wearing on her hands. 

I said gloves. She answered but I can see her fingers 

I told her you can get gloves without fingers and she immediately asked if she could get some. 

Of course. I’ll knit some for her. I got the order that she wanted rainbow ones 

So I traced her hand so I could use it for measuring 


Once they went home I found my correct yarn and began 


I didn’t have a pattern. I did see a few pictures with Russian directions, which I just used to send me into the correct direction 

I then just used the same system that I use to make those top down garments and made the thumb hole. 


The first one took a bit of time as I had to keep measuring, but the second was much easier and faster 


And here they are all sewn up. Ready for their owner. 

Not a bad days work. 

Might make a pair for myself 

I can’t wait to give them to her 

1 comment:

  1. Good Grandma! I've made many of those over the years for the girls and the boys. I even have 2 or 3 for me too. Don't keep those fingers warm but I like wearing them.
    Ana will love them

    ReplyDelete