Sunday, November 25, 2018

Poetry time

Wanting freedom 

No way out 

Even though I can scream and shout

No one will listen 

Or understand 

Why I would even want to escape 


They do no see it 

Can not comprehend 

 My life is perfect 

Have no reason to complain 


They don’t understand 

Because they can’t perceive 

The bars that bind me 

Are hard to see 


They are not made of steel

Fortified with hate

Nor are they intended to subjugate 


They are ribbons of love and connection 

Responsibilities binding me to attachment 


This prison Im In is one self made 

For I created the world I live in 

Although I’m content most of the time

My soul sometimes dreams of a life 

Where I can fly! 


Written by me. Just now 


see ya xx

5 comments:

  1. Oh Angela I don't know what has brought out these feelings of unrest in you but I could have written similar words so many times over the past 50 years or more.
    Thinking of you on this cloudy day - Roll on Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you cathy
      Yes definitely the weather making me melancholy

      Delete
  2. Whoooooo, that's deep.those last two lines would resonate for a lot of use, definitely me too. If only we could fly there is so much more we would do and be and see.
    Hope you are gathering a very close loving family for the holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. The line, ‘The prison I’m in is one self made...’ really resonates with me Angela xx

    ReplyDelete