Thursday, October 10, 2013

Eleven weeks till Christmas.

I was told via Facebook that its it's only eleven weeks till Christmas and I panicked.
So I put my thinking cap on and was thinking what am I going to get everyone. I don't want to spend a lot of money as I have two major events to save for next year.
More on that later
So I started pulling out all my scraps and bits and bobs and started working.
I found some off cuts from a quilt I made about three years ago
added some boarders. 

Got some off cuts of wading and the backing from the candle wicking quilt I made about four years ago.
did some binding and viola I have made two sets of four coasters.
this is another set from a quilt I made to give to my aunt in Greece when I visited. I have also finished another one and half sets before quitting for the day. I'll post photos of the next lot on my next post.
I will give a set of coasters and two coffee cups as a christmas gift to each couple. Like my mum and dad, my sister and her hubby and for each other couple
If I get the coffee cups from the reject shop you can pick up some nice ones for $2 - $5 dollars.
That means each couple will only cost $10.00. 
I hope they like them, I have had fun designing each set with what I have.
Will post more pics tomorrow 
See ya

2 comments:

  1. Ah, now you have let the cat out of the bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok my family don't rad my blog, and if they did they don't know which ones they are getting. Lol

      Delete