Thursday, July 20, 2017

We have arrived!

Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home
A charm from the skies seems to hallow us there
Which seek thro' the world, is ne'er met elsewhere
Home! Home!
Sweet, sweet home!
There's no place like home
There's no place like home!

An exile from home splendor dazzles in vain
Oh give me my lowly thatched cottage again
The birds singing gaily that came at my call
And gave me the peace of mind dearer than all
Home, home, sweet, sweet home
There's no place like home, there's no place like home!

3 comments:

  1. So that's where that phrase comes from. Home sweet home. After an epic trip like yours I guess it is nice to sleep in your own bed again.
    But you had one awesome adventure, so you're planning your next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome. I need to recover before I even think about another lol

      Delete
  2. Lovely to read about your trip. Lots of kms covered all right but, yes, there's no place like home and now you have lots of memories to look back on. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete