Tuesday, April 16, 2019

IBS


Yesterday at the cafe where we have coffee after swimming I had my usual skinny latte 
Only it tasted very creamy. I didn’t think anything of it. Until I got home and I started having issues. 
I spent most of the day and night going to the toilet 
Anyone that suffers irritable bowel knows it’s not nice and the pain is most unpleasant 

But this little girl has not left my side. Even during the night. She would wake up when I left the bed and wait for me to get back 
Then she would snuggle me helping me to go back to sleep 
It’s amazing how quickly we have bonded 
If ever there was a doubt that I made the right decision to buy a poodle puppy they are all gone 
She is a joy and blessing 

Me. Well today I am so very tired and worn out 
I’ve stuck to black tea all morning 
I’ll be spending the day resting here on the couch and watching movies while working on my crochet squares 
See yan

9 comments:

  1. Sorry about your digestion and as I got older I have to watch I take in.
    Diary isn't my friend.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trixie is your perfect companion.
    Perastika!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cafe bought flat whites (skinny or otherwise) often make me feel bloated for hours. Having to really think about whether I want one or not when asked.
    Your little pixie.....sorry Trixie will help you forget all your troubles and woes. Hope you feline friends aren't too jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha your post made me laugh. I had tummy cramps this morning, which meant I had to make my way to the bathroom quickly so I sympathize. Lots of things don't agree with me anymore as well as I've got older.

    Glad that you had nurse Trixie to keep you company.

    Julie and Poppy Q

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, aging!!!! I've decided that the reason I can't sing very well any more is because I have acid reflux disease. Apparently, any time you regurgitate, your vocal cords get scorched. Since the symptoms are not chronic and still come and go (although they come more often than I like), I'm going to really follow the suggestions for taming it that I see on line. I don't want a prescription. The side effects of the most widely prescribed drug are scary.

    I hope you are feeling better today and that you and Trixie can do something fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put this in the wrong place, so deleted it from there and moved it to here:

      My wife, Peggy, has acid reflux, and it scares the dickens out of me because it can lead to esophageal cancer. Yes, the meds for it are so dangerous that the only rational answer I know of is to watch one's diet.

      Delete
    2. I too have to take meds for that. I have an inoperable hiatus hernia and it has progressed to Barrett’s disease. So I have to have a camera down th throat every two years now to keep an eye on it. Very painful indeed

      Delete
  6. She's your angel.

    I'm so sorry you had a bad night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete