Wednesday, July 3, 2024

A chilly start

This morning the whole world was white. Jack first had been during the night 

I used to love going out to check all the animals when it was frosty. The crunch of the grass as I walk was soothing to me. 

Now of course I have to warm the joints before I can walk 





Eventually the sun came out and I went out to prune more roses 





I also pulled weeds as I went 
Another three wheelbarrow loads and I was done 

I will need a day to rest again before attempting to do any more. 

Friday I’ll have all the girls here so no gardening 
I guess it will have to be finished on Saturday 

Now all have to do is work out what we are having for dinner 

I’ve got lots of eggs. Maybe something simple like eggs on toast. 

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely sight. I remember that crunch, and the footprints in the frost.
    You're obviously feeling a lot better. Friday is coming up fast. Ana will help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All three granddaughters will be here. I might have to set up a chain gang to help me lol

      Delete
  2. You remind me of my mom: what would you like? There's eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe as time goes on you will have to substitute some native plants for the roses an spare yourself the agony of caring for them - lovely as they are in bloom. Mind you if there is room to sit on a box and prune slowly maybe they have an ongoing place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them are close to twenty years old. Their roots go deep.
      I’ll just keep going it’s a once a year task.even if it takes me a week to get it done

      Delete