Sunday, August 30, 2026

Getting stuff done

​when I first set up my studio, I didn’t want to spend a fortune on the items I needed. 

I wanted two easels so I could work on 

Two paintings at the same time. That way work didn’t stop waiting for the paint to dry

I checked out prices of the wooden easels and they quite expensive 

Thus I purchased the small metal easel

And a poster stand, which was even cheaper. 

They have worked ok, the poster stand does wobble a bit. But I was working with it. 

But the other day I had another look, I’ve been checking occasionally to see if there were any sakes on

Well they did. The prices were slashed 

And I bought two for less than what they originally were. 


Even though they’re not top of the range, they’re much sturdier. And since they will be living in a nice safe environment they will not be damaged by weather or animals 

I had to put them together, they’re were in long thin boxes. 

I had asked hubby, but he kept putting it off. Like they do 

So this morning I just did it. He did ask if I needed help and I said no. Yes I was grumpy. They were here four days.  

I’m over it now they’re all done 

The next thing on the list was to take off the netting on the veg gardens.  Again I had asked for help. And again I was last in the list of priorities. 

So again I just went out and did it 


I took off the netting, weeded and harvested. I have one cauliflower 

Some broccoli, silverbeet and kale. 

I’ll cook it all and have it like a green salad. 


I took the net off these pots. These were hard as they’re at that level at which the back doesn’t like. I just tackled it slowly and got it done 


I then turned to  the raised garden bed. 

It had overgrown with weeds. So much that I had a hard time finding the anchors I used to keep the net from flying off 

I’ve half weeded it, then had to stop.  By then I was starting to have back spasms 

It was fine as the back half of the garden bed didn’t have anything planted 

Depending on the weather I’ll try to get out there and finish it 

I’ve packed all the nets and all other paraphernalia away.  Ready for when I need them again 


Most of the weeds ended up here 

This was just the first load. The girls are in lockdown. We have many birds visiting, and the ducks have arrived. They come back each year and are very comfortable with approaching the chickens and ourselves.  They will often be first when I go out to feed scraps to the hens  

Unfortunately this year they will get their share away from the coop 

I’m now inside having a little rest before going into the next job  

Folding and putting away the laundry  

Not my favourite job, but one that needs doing 

At least I have my audiobook to listen too while working  

I chose one I’ve listened too before as I often have to go out of hearing range, so it doesn’t matter if I miss any  

New books are for listening too while crafting. 

What ever you are doing, pace yourself

It’s not a race and you don’t get a medal for the pain you cause yourself. Trust me, I know 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment