Thursday, August 20, 2026

Lunch and books

​today hubby headed off to have lunch with my swim gang. He’s met them all many times so no awkwardness. 

We talked, laughed and ate too much. Before we knew it three hours had passed. 

It was lovely to see them as I don’t go swimming any more. I’ve gone to meeting up five mornings a week to lunch every other month. 

When we finally got home I had a parcel waiting for me. 


Books!  

I love books. They were my escape from an unhappy childhood. 

Even though I have lots of things saved online I do like having something real to hold. I do print patterns and I have them in folders. 

But to have everything in one little book just makes me happy. 

These range from a few dollar to around the $10.  It would seriously be higher  in printing costs 

And these little books are definitely easier to travel with. 

I’m going to have fun just reading all the patterns 


Oh and yes I did clean that stain from off the carpet 


It only took a few minutes, the hardest part was getting back up off the floor when I was done 

This getting old caper isn’t for the faint hearted lol 


1 comment:

  1. I love knitting books, flick through them over and o er again. But I have eventually got rid of most of mine. I have a few very old knitting magazines which I keep.
    Isn't is great when hubby gets on with your friends! Sounds a lovely time.
    PS I know about getting up off the floor. It's a real accomplishment nowadays

    ReplyDelete