Monday, August 10, 2026

Progress and practice

​I laid out all the squares this morning to see if I had made enough 

Turns out I had made too many 


So now I need to make a few more to finish the extra row

I should be able to do that in one evening. 

And part one of this project will be done. 

Meanwhile I’m trying to straighten up the sides of the DPP Quilt top 


As you can see I’m trying to increase the shorter side to match it up. 

I still have a long way to go. But progress is happening even if it’s slowly 

I’ve been wanting to learn how to knit with two colours at the same time 

I’ve got a few patterns for jumpers, sweaters, that I want to make for hubby to 

Wear. 

I do need to practice a bit before starting a big project like a jumper. 

I got the big idea to knit a football player wearing my teams jumper. 


My team have black and white “ prison bars” and perfect to practice 

Knitting with two colours at the same time.

It was tricky just making sure I didn’t tangle myself into knots, but not too 

Much that I wanted to give up. 

I do need to work on my tent

 

This is why I started with something simple.  This is very messy 

I did use thicker needles than i probably should have.

But just for what I was making and for practice it was perfect 


The finished doll. 

I think I made his arms a tad thin. But I’m sure Ana won’t care 

She is definitely a one eye Maggie now and will love it. 

She’s just like her grandmother lol 

 It’s been very wet here the last few days. 

I’ve currently got an audiobook going, while I’m working on the EPP. 

I’ll head off into the kitchen to do same baking. 

I’ve got my friend from Queensland coming to visit tomorrow.  She will spend the 

Night and be picked up the next day. 

I need to have easy meals ready so we can spend the day going shopping. 

She’s a crafter and we actually meet at a knitting group many moons ago. 

She was the one who helped me with learning crochet 

We will visit the panda mart, she doesn’t have one near where she lives. 

And spotlight. They’re having a sale and we always need more pretty yarn. 

It’s going to be a fun couple of days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment