
yesterday morning I met Dianne for a quick coffee before walking across the road to my optometrist
They’re lovely and know me as I’ve been going there for over twenty years.
I know, I can’t believe it either
Anyway this was going to an expensive visit as I needed two new frames.
I usually get the new lenses put into my old frames but you can only do that a few times before the frame get damaged.
So I walked out of there just under two grand poorer.
By the time I got the anti glare
The transition lenses that darken when your outside, and the anti scratch each pair cost $900
Still as hubby says. Cheaper than a funeral. I really can’t see without them and I’d definitely have a bad accident driving
I then visited the nail salon for some pampering and then headed off to purchase a new bubble gun. Brianna loved it so much she asked if she could take it home
I needed to replace it or Ana would wonder where it went.
Well I nearly had heart failure because they weren’t were I had seen them.
Luckily I found them, they were in the top shelf as they had almost sold out.
I grabbed two pink and one purple
Annie can have the pink one and I’ll give the purple one to Melody.

The things we grannies do.
I then went to the big reject shop to get my favourite shampoo and conditioner
The have the old 80’s Flex shampoo
My hair loves it and it’s only $5 a bottle
But the shop in the centre had sold out.
They only had the conditioner. Grabbed two bottles and promised myself to remember to check the centre shop to see if they had received any stock.
I do have some in my supply cupboard so. Don’t need to hit the panic button yet. And as I’m the only one using it. It does last a long time.
After all that I finally got home and collapsed
It was hubbys 65tg birthday yesterday and I was going to make him a cake.
I just didn’t have any energy left. Do I did a Woolies shop with door dash and got him the Freddo frog ice cream cake
He was very happy indeed.
I think today will be a go slow and only do the bare minimum day
Luckily I did plan for this and really don’t have any chores screaming to be done.
I hope your day is productive without you having to pay the piper tomorrow
Heavens to Betsy those are expensive glasses. Ours cost about 150 euros with the frames. But of course we don't have all your whistles and bells. As you say, they are an absolute necessity.
ReplyDeleteBubblegum. I thought it was the stuff you chewed 😅 I'm well out of the loop. BubbleguN. Gotta keep the granddaughters happy.
Happy Birthday to hubby and many more of them!
Relax and keep warm. Meanwhile I'm trying to keep cool