Sunday, September 6, 2026

Waking up

​the signs of the spring wake up are everywhere 

The daffodils came up first, unfortunately I forgot to take photos 

But other bulbs are now also coming up 


Irises, gladioli’s and I think the white flowers are a type of daffodil. I’m not sure. If you know please let me know  

My magnolia, I thought it had definitely died. But green shoots have started to grow 

My lemon and my orange trees are blossoming. The orange smells beautiful 


The apricot tree is also full of blossoms  over they set we will net 


The pots in front of the garden fence are all growing well. The bearded iris have multiplied in the pots 


The mulberry tree is full of fruit. We never get many as the birds are just too quick. This year I’ve netted it 


The other two are only just budding. Not sure why they grow different. The other two are white mulberry that might have something to do with it. 

We got lots of rain again over night 


This was a much bigger puddle, but our sandy soil means it quickly drains. This was hours after the storms were over. Usually it’s all gone by then, just shows how much rain we got 

The days are definitely lovely although the nights are still chilly 

We haven’t had the fire going. Just turn on the ducted system in the evenings and early morning 

Hopefully soon we won’t need heating at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment