Sunday, July 14, 2013

A lovely lunch


Yesterday we had a lovely lunch and catch up with sue and Keith who were the couple we went camping with last year. Now for the last 30 years I have been driving past the caldermeade dairy and cafe on the south gippsland hwy. I always think I should go there and have a meal.
Well Hester day we did, and oh my how lovely it was.
there is an animal nursery where children can pat and interact with the babies. Being winter there were only the piggies and a couple of kids, but still I could here the city children laughing and having a ball.
I didn't get any shots of the cafe, but it's got a definitely country feel about it and a lot of the produce is from the dairy or sourced from the local area.
So if your traveling along the south gippsland hwy, maybe heading to Philip island, think about stopping in at the caldermeade dairy for a quick bite, or just a coffee break and pat the animals.
I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
See ya

1 comment: