Friday, July 3, 2020

I’m Ma Ingalls




Well it’s Friday again the weeks are flying by 
It’s cold today. Really cold and it’s going to be cold and wet all weekend 
It doesn’t help that I have an empty room with a concrete floor which isn’t totally sealed yet. So a cold wind is constantly blowing 
At my back. 
We have to leave the door open to that room as Trixie access the doggie door from there 

I’ve been using the ducted heating.  I have it set at 13 degrees and it cones on automatically if the temp in the house 
Drops below that. 
Which in has been. 

But now it’s making funny noises and I think after over twenty years of faithful service 
It’s dying a slow, loud death 

So. The poor fire down one end of the house isn’t keeping the place warm 
Even Trixie is feeling it and spends most of the day in front of the fire lol 

So I decided it was time I used the second fire 
We took some hot coals from the fire in the lounge and used that to start the second, 
More centrally located fire 

Now this fireplace doesn’t have a fan. So it works by transferring the heat from directly from the 
Wood box to the air around it 
So the top gets very hot 

What do you do with that excess heat? 
Cook with it of course 
I even have the trivet to put the pot on 

In the past, earthmama days I used to cook on here all the time 
Saving money makes me very happy 

So vegetable soup in beef stock is nw on top and will soon make the house smell yummy 
As well as it being much much warmer 

On other home front news 
We have two more lambs 
Another ewe gave birth to twins yesterday morning and they have survived 
The first night 

So I’m feeling very blessed and loved by the universe today 
Stay healthy and safe 
See ya xxx




2 comments:

  1. We installed a fireplace like that in our UK house - as insurance against power outages. Mr T the cat loves it to bits and even developed his own language for indicating that it needed to be lit.
    Just think of those lambs out there in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lambs are doing ok. Except for the one the fox got. So upsetting
      That was the original reason we got it too
      It’s a nice insurance investment

      Delete