Thursday, July 2, 2020

Corona in Victoria


Hi all. Today I thought I’d talk about what is happening in my state with the corona virus 
We have had our second wave outbreak and people here are going nuts again
Buying up toilet paper and what not 
Everyone is throwing blame like it’s confetti 
And just losing their minds 
But I did a quick search and this is what I found 

More than 245 thousand tests have been performed in our state 
And we have recorded 1495 cases 

Now I now this isn’t good. At all and please don’t think I’m trying to 
Over simplify or invalidate anyone’s illness 

But seriously 
Look at the world around us. 
We are still doing really well to keep the numbers down 

Yes we have had our second wave and we now know how it got out 

Yes we need to make sure that those, who are supposed to be quarantined, remain so 

But people are absolutely going insane 

Stick to the social distancing 
Keep washing your hands 
Only go out if you have too 
And if you feel unwell get tested 

We don’t need a repeat of the madness we had a few months ago   




Right now victorians are being treated like we are all Typhoid Mary
And as the rest of the country is slowly opening up every announcement 
Comes with the disclaimer except for vic 

But the advertising to come visit our state please has already begun 
I know this will end 
And we will once again travel our country 
But could you all please refrain from the abuse for now 
We are all dealing, and feeling vulnerable down here 
Remember when it was you who had to be in lockdown 
Maybe. Just maybe this had happened so that everyone can remember 
We are all one human race and that we all have the same experiences 
And that one day. It might be you in this situation 
How would you feel 
Compassion would go a long way when the time comes for us to spend that hard earned 
Money and we have to decide where it is we want to go 

Stay safe 
Stay healthy 
See ya 


11 comments:

  1. Do you feel or think people reaction is do to there political way of thinking. I just wish this covid thing would end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know. But they don’t seem to be thinking at all really
      Yes I wish it would end soon as well. Mentally it’s exhausting

      Delete
  2. Oh boy, sorry to hear about the rise in numbers . But why the panic. Didn't they learn from the first wave. Stay your distance, wash your hands and for goodness sake, your supermarket will be open as usual.
    Our numbers are increasing slowly in isolated pockets. Numbers are still very low though and hope it stays that way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m good at the social distancing thing as I just don’t do people at all
    Hopefully the numbers stay low and we all get through this safely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. I'd be happy to stay home and go nowhere. Our covid numbers got to zero. Then it has raised up as returning kiwis have travelled home. Currently all of our cases are in Isolation.

    I do wonder how you keep it away once you open up the borders?

    People need to have a bit of perspective and calm down. I cant believe that you would get abuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the nasty memes have begun
      But I can guarantee this won’t be the first second wave outbreak
      And then we will see how they react when it’s in their back yard
      People just need to be compassionate and have common sense

      Delete
  5. My bro explained the toilet paper thing - there is no shortage toilet paper is a fairly consistent production/use. The problem is it has two markets - domestic and 'industrial'. When we are not at work we are using more toilet paper at home, and the supply of the 'industrial' rolls is an untouched mountain, which cannot easily be diverted into the domestic supply. Ahhh.... we see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think it’s a reaction to, I can’t control what’s happening so I’ll control how much I buy.
      It’s bizarre that’s it’s toilet paper but then again. It is a necessity and we do use it every day I guess

      Delete
  6. The US has four percent of the world's population, and 25% of its Covid cases, with over 125,000 deaths. Yesterday alone, Florida (one of the first states to reopen) reported over 10,000 new cases, and no one doubts but what a lot of cases aren't reported, or even recognized as such by people who are asymptomatic. The health care system here is approaching collapse, yet our president is still holding mass campaign rallies, boasting of how well he's handling the virus, and referring to mask wearing as "political correctness." So, here at least, I wouldn't say that we're doing really well at keeping the cases low. I would say that we're failing miserably. As for toilet paper, once supplies became plentiful again, I would buy another thirty roll case every time I ordered food, and so I would guess that I have about 150 rolls, and I've been doing likewise with food. Sadly, after George Floyd's death, millions of Americans concluded that criminals aren't a problem, but police are, so now I'm wondering if it's time to buy a shotgun because I have very little faith that the government at any level will be there for me if I have an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Angela, in your list of precautions, you didn't mention wearing a mask. Are they not mandatory there? Here in Oregon, USA, they became mandatory just yesterday, but I've been wearing one for the last two months, that is on the rare occasions when I feel that I simply must take my life in my hands by going someplace.

      By the way, like at least one other commenter, I can't imagine you being trashed for this post.

      Delete
    2. No masks are not mandatory
      Although lots of people are wearing them which is good to see
      It’s a scary world out there.

      Delete