Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Lockdown again



It’s happened. We have had a huge spike in cases and we will be in lockdown again as of midnight tonight 

The girls were coming to visit anyway this morning but it was even nicer to see them knowing we won’t cuddle again for six weeks 

This is how long the government has said lockdown will last. But who really knows

Life for me won’t change. I haven’t been going anywhere anyway. But I’ll miss the girls 
I miss my kids, still haven’t seen my daughter in law for months 

And I’ll miss the little things like brunch with my friends 
And getting my nails done. 

Nothing that will kill me   But the little things that keep me sane and my anxiety under control 

Once again. We are all in this together 
Do the right thing and we may even get an early release 

Stay safe
Stay healthy 
Stay at home 
See ya xxx

11 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds really dramatic, but I suppose lessons have been learned and no one is messing about the second time round. Six weeks sounds a long time though. Menoume sto spiti they say here - we stay home.
    Don't worry crafters, this is what we have been training for. Keep on crochet-ing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the craft room in a half built stage I’m making do with whatever yarn I can safely get in the spare room as everything has been put in there
      But yes. This is exactly what we have been preparing for
      Only I wish my children and their families were able to visit me

      Delete
  2. I wonder if this will be the future for most of us. We have been lucky so far but are thinking of you all. I was hoping to have an Australian holiday this year, but it might be some time off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’d definitely stay in New Zealand if I was you. Your much safer there

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear this. 6 weeks locked downunder! I’m glad you’ve plenty of yarn, even if it is in the spare room!

    (Perhaps this was why the shelves were almost empty over there last week or so? ) Much love 💓 Keep safe 😷❣️❤️❣️😷

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant empty of toilet paper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plenty of all I need.
      I had been slowly building up my stocks again.
      Thank goodness

      Delete
  5. Oh no, that's terrible. Is it just your state, your area? It's bad news for everyone because it could happen anywhere. Daily cases are going up on Greece but not enough yet to cause lockdown
    Thank goodness you saw your little ones because it's going to be a long winter.
    Kouragio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now it’s just melbourne metro area
      But who knows how for how long
      I hope your not locked down again.

      Delete
  6. Pretty grim indeed! Missing the kids and grandbabies especially is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It is.
      Everything else is just window dressing. Family is what matters

      Delete