Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Animal day

The cows have worked out. That If they stand by the water tub and moo I’ll come out to give them fresh water. So they moo I run out and they already  have a bath full of fresh clean water. They just wanted company. 



The alpaca still isn’t using his leg and although it’s clean and healing nicely on the outside we wondered if maybe it’s infected on the inside. So I called a vet and someone will be out this afternoon to check him out 

It’s the one standing. You can see the bites in his leg 




Last night I got a call from my friend who gave me the cockatiel, spike. He passed while I was away. 

She said her nephew had a parrot and couldn’t keep it. She wondered if I could take him. 

So here he is. 
I’m looking for a name for him. I’m going to ask Melody  and Brianna to maybe name him. 

Apparently he talks so hopefully after he settles down we can have a chat 



It’s warm out today. Not, someone opened the gates of hell hot. But hot enough. 
I’ve been outside in short spurts watering the many pots I have 

I’ll keep you updated on the alpaca 

Update 

Although the wounds looked small. They were deep and much damaged was done. 
Together with the vet the decision was made to put him to sleep. 

I’m guttered 
And I’m angry 
And I will miss him 

9 comments:

  1. Oh FARK! Those gorgeous beasts were how I recognised your house. I do hope the dog owner is made to pay. I love dogs but never ever ever leave them loose where animals are.
    I am so sorry you had to go through this. Being on a bit of internet silence I missed the initial post.
    Hugs to you and the rest of your zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No!!! That's terrible news. I hope you let the dog owner know. They are gorgeous animals. You must be fighting mad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are so careless with dog ownership.

    If he talks..."chatterbox" for the parrot?!


    Cattle are so curious about everything...but like our hairy horned locals..best on the other side of the fence to half a ton of curiosity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your alpaca having to be put to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's devastating. Did you manage to identify the dog/it's owner? I think a letter from a lawyer might be in order. Go in big guns blazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about the alpaca. Good for you for recognizing that his injuries might be serious. I would go after the dog owners with everything I had. That's a serious loss.
    I'm glad you have the parrot now, though. He'll keep the house lively.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a good result. I’m sorry you had to make that decision and Yes, as everyone else has mentioned - tackle the dog owner. Don’s a big man, have him along with you when you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh bugger! I wasn’t expecting that. So sorry

    ReplyDelete