Sunday, March 3, 2024

Autumnal jobs

Today is a grey overcast day. 
Perfect for working in the garden 



We pulled out all the dead plants. The zucchini’s. They weren’t dead but production had almost stopped 

I pulled out the last of the beans. And tidied up the tomatoes 

Because the weather is do bizarre they have started to reshoot. So I cut them back to the new growth 



We will see what happens. I’ll let you know 

The capsicum and chilli plants haven’t find well this year. But the did kinda get over shadowed by the tomatoes. Hopefully now they will perk up. I might try to work out how to put a cover over them during winter. 
It’s worth a shot I think 
After giving everything a good watering. They were really dry. We are inside. I’ll have a little rest the deal with the produce I brought in 

How’s your garden going? 
If your coming into spring you must be getting excited about the growing season to come 

Update on the alpaca. 
He’s doing really well. The wound has stopped bleeding and seems to be healing nicely 

We will continue to monitor him for signs of infection 

9 comments:

  1. Very happy the alpaca is doing better. I hope he's not still scared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they’re doing ok. We have moved them all into the smallest paddock right next to the workshop so they feel more secure and we can keep an eye on them

      Delete
  2. Our tomatoes and eggplants and peppers went on producing till Xmas. The weather was so warm. It's hard to know what to do with these different seasons. I bet you'll get more tomatoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of flowers and green tomatoes. So here’s hoping

      Delete
  3. If you cut the chillies back and take them into a greenhouse (or cover them) they will come back next year. You need to cut off about 2/3rds of the height. Goods news on the alpaca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes I was going to try and cover them over winter. I’ll cut them back as well.

      Delete
  4. It looks like your plants are doing fairly well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear what happened to the alpaca, that is terrible! Nonetheless, I am glad he is doing well!

    When it comes to a dog running around on its own, that is something I have never been comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete