Monday, March 4, 2024

Garden clean up

This morning I decided to tackle this garden bed 
Lots of overgrown and dead plants 

I’d left it this long because it shaded the window from the hot summer sun 




I started by attacking the budleah plant. I’ve cut it back by two thirds. There’s lots of new growth on the branches so I’m pretty sure it will come back rather quickly 



The fox gloves had died back so they came out. And because of the over growth plant had dead bits or grown into funny spindly shape.  I’ve tidied up those 



Hubby moved all the cut offs for me 
I left the butterfly bushes along the side closest to my car. There were lots of bees, butterflies and other insects. So they still have some flowers to visit 

Everything got a good watering and now I’m pooped 

It will definitely be an easy afternoon crafting I’d say 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was a big job. But one that really needed to be done

      Delete
  2. A good sort out!!
    Buddleias grow back strongly..no worries! Hopefully your foxgloves will have seeded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I cut back the dead flower stalks I left them in the garden so that the seeds would fall there. So fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. That is quite a satisfying difference you've made and I love your garden sculpture. Is it a wind spinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there are two in that garden. The upside/downside of living right next door to a nursery lol. He has so many pretty things

      Delete
  4. Our garden needs a darn good clean but it will be late this year. The roses and the grapevine need cutting back. They'll have spring/summer growth before it will be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s not an easy job. I’m paying for it today I can tell you A family working bee might be what you need

      Delete
  5. You have done a really good job, one that was not easy, I am sure.

    I used to do that type of work myself, for others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some blogs have started arriving out of order. This one just now, which is why there was no comment from me. Just fyi.

    ReplyDelete