Saturday, March 23, 2024

Recycling









This morning I headed off to art class
We finally finished the piece we had been working on since November. 

Hubby headed off to the farm to check things out so I came home and rested for most of the day. Knitting squares off and on. 

I then remembered I had this partly knitted baby jumper. It came in a bag of yarn I acquired from someone after their mother passed. They knew I’d give it a good home 
I’ve been going to pull it apart but is so beautifully knitted I just couldn’t. 

I don’t have anyone I could give this too even if I knew how to finish it. So I bit the bullet and have started to rip it out 

It will make a few squares. Especially once I mix it with the colours 

I love that my Weasley inspired blanket will have recycled yarn in it. 
It’s exactly what Molly would do as they’re not flushed with money and have seven kids 
Very in character I think 

7 comments:

  1. That was beautiful knitting. But it isn't always possible to use it as a cloth.
    Memories of unraveling for my grandmother. I seem to remember that she wound it on a frame then steamed it to remove the crinkles caused by the stitches. It did make it easier to knit again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I remember that too. I didn’t I just wound it into balls and I’m using it as is.

      Delete
  2. That's a beautifully knitted piece but I'm sure you'll make it into another beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once it’s in the blanket it will become part of that story it’s not gone. It’s transfigured

      Delete
  3. I think that knitting was ready for a new life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can’t just throw it away. It seems a waste

    ReplyDelete
  5. With prices today. One need or should look what reuse.

    ReplyDelete