Saturday, August 10, 2024

Sunshine Saturday

Today the sun is shining. And it’s not the weak winter sun. This one has a bit of warmth 

My zygotes are starting to flower. I got this one last year 



I’ve accumulated a few since that first one. 
They’re kinda addictive and I might need an intervention lol 



Bulbs are starting to come up 





My irises. Hopefully soon the flower spikes will develop and I get lots of flowers 



The mulberries are a tad confused. One is well and truly awake. But the two behind are still dormant 



Camellias. They all seem to take turns flowering 



Daffodils lots of daffodils 



The potatoes are finally starting to come up.  A Few are breaking through the mulch 



The roses are budding and bursting into new growth 
I’m going to make some home made organic white oil and spray the aphids. 





The fountain is green. The pump died years ago 
So now it’s just an ornament. 
I’ve cleaned it before and the green just comes back. I’ll wait until summer when it isn’t full of water and clean it again. 



The girls, and one boy, are busy scratching away. Hubby is out back cutting more firewood. We have gone through the last batch. It’s been that cold 
They all rush to get the worms after he has moved the big logs 



The hydraulic splitter is so much easier than swinging an axe. He’s busy filling those crates 



The ducks have returned. That definitely means spring is on its way 



And finally my magnolia is blooming 



I love its dark pink/purple colour 



Between lots of Ana cuddles, the sunshine and art this morning I’m feeling much better. 

Thank you all for your lovely comments 
Yes winter is long and by the end of it we all feel like the summer will never arrive. 

But it always does 

3 comments:

  1. Your magnolia is beautiful. So are the daffs. Lovely photos of your garden. Glad the sun is shining again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely optimistic post today. You must be feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of your garden. My camelia has finished flowering and I am waiting now for some of the bulbs to flower as I am not sure what ones I planted or where I planted them so it will be great to discover what I have. This lovely sunny weather makes everything come to life, my kind of weather.

    ReplyDelete