Friday, October 11, 2024

A little bit this and a little bit of that

Ana was lonely today as her big cousins were back at school

So we did our nails 
She wanted one foot pink and one purple 



Red for her fingers and of course all got a coat of sparkles 



At least she had trixie to play with  



We went outside and visited the  boys at the shed
Saw the cow and checked out how the vegetable garden was going. 

It wasn’t good at all 

All the seedlings I planted have gone   I don’t know exactly what happened but I assume birds had a lovely feast 

So I’ll go and get bigger seedlings and re plant 

In the meantime. I’ve decided to knit myself a cardigan. 

After making hubby three jumpers i figured I deserve it. 

I’m using the same pattern but not knitting in the round and incorporating a boarder 




So that has been all that’s been going on
Life is boring but honestly I prefer it. So much is happening in the world and close to home it’s a blessing to be dull 


8 comments:

  1. Oh your dear Ana. She makes me want to paint my nails. I shall buy a bottle of polish tomorrow. I should ask Ana to choose the colour 😁
    Sorry to hear about your seedlings. Damn nuisance.
    I'm thinking about knitting too. Or maybe crochet because it's faster. I took a whole winter to knit a sleeveless top last winter.
    You're so darn quick ftoo ftoo ftoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can actually hear you doing the evil eye protection. Reminds me of my aunts

      Delete
  2. That looks like a nice coral color for your cardi. Maybe nail polish to match? Then you and Ana will manicure together. Weird about the seedlings. If it were here I'd blame squirrels. I like how you appreciate quiet days, as a contrast to the turmoil in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next time I go get my nails done I’ll pick a pink to match it. I’ll post if I do

      Delete
  3. It is indeed a blessing to be dull! We don't appreciate it enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much of a blessing. I do not like drama or bad excitement at all

      Delete
  4. I had the same thing with my seedlings - realised it was slaters that were eating the seedlings overnight - annoying little bugs - so planted more but surrounded them with either snail bait or tomato dust - tomato dust seemed to work best - problem solved. Jenny oh I live here in Victoria

    ReplyDelete