Tuesday, October 22, 2024

I’m still here

Yes I’m still. I’m still stalking your blogs. I just haven’t had much to say 

Life here has been quietly ticking away 

I’ve been trying to slowly spring clean. Doing a little each day. 

Yesterday we had a slight drama. I received an email saying a package had been delivered to my home. 

It hadn’t 

So I jump in the car and drive along my street to see if I could find it. 

I couldn’t 

So onto social media and the call out. 

It  was delivered by a love lady who didn’t even live in my street. So not only did they get the number wrong. They got the name of the street wrong 

Honestly if your going to be a delivery driver I think it’s important that you can read English 

I’m just grateful it was returned to me. Another package that was delivered to the wrong house has never been see since 

Today is going to be another lovely day. I’m just waiting on the washing machine to call out so I can hang out the bedding to dry in the wonderful sunshine 

Mean while I’m between minor catastrophes and housekeeping I’ve continued knitting my cardigan 



Just one more sleeve and it’s done 
The hardest part is trying to measure your own arm. 
Hopefully, once it’s finished, I’ll get to wear it at least once before summer really begins. 

What ever minor or major issues come your way. Do what I do and just keep knitting. 
Definitely cheaper than a breakdown, and you get new clothes 

5 comments:

  1. I love your philosophy! Also your cardi in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a drama with your parcel. Do you get any compensation if they deliver to the wrong place and it disappears??
    Your cardigan is lovely. I made one last year and couldn't get the band to sit properly. I fogged the front reknitted and turned it into a jersey. That's why it took all winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live on Stockheath Lane. There is also a Stockheath Road and a Stockheath Way in the same area (small imagination exhibited by town planners). You can guess what that does to deliveries around here. There is a reason for postcodes but I do wonder if anyone delivering actually pays attention to those. Some now even use 'what three words' and still can't get it right.

    ReplyDelete