Sunday, October 13, 2024

Weekend jobs

Saturday hubby worked on getting the gate fixed at the workshop. Our neighbour has CCTV and saw a car go past slowly. So it became a job that couldn’t be put off any longer 

Meanwhile I was home doing exciting stuff like scrubbing bathrooms and toilet. 

Saturday afternoon and into the evening we rested. We can no longer work from sunrise to sunset. 

Today we bought more seedlings, some much bigger and planted them out. 

When we moved the mulch out the way to plant we found the first lot of seedlings. Seems like we had  small frost and that burnt them. The bits under the mulch is still alive.  We have left them to do what they like 





Now inside and watching telly. Resting again. But you know I can’t just sit. So my knitting waits on the couch where I sit 



Every time I sit I knit. 

It’s growing slowly 

The coming week is already looking busy. But in a good way. Catching up with the swim team. 

Looking forward to it 

6 comments:

  1. I don't know how you can say it is growing slowly! I love top down knitting. Do you do the sleeves on a circular needle as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do. And I found a hack. You use those changeable needles. You take off the actual needles and use a thing stitch marker and pass it through the little holes they have. Keeps the stitches safe and you just have to add the needles when required

      Delete
  2. If that's your version of slowly...you're both very industrious, all those tasks done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had lots of help in the garden.
      As hubby usually watches sport on the telly I’m not that interested so I knit while we watch

      Delete
  3. That's quite unsettling, being told that a car had 'passed' slowly. I'm glad to hear you have have a neighbour with cameras.
    Love the colour of the knitting. You're progressing.... Quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been quiet a few instances lately of care just backing up and stealing trailers, caravans and boats. We country folk have been very trusting and used to even leave doors unlocked in the past. But now that suburbia is creeping ever closer it’s changing the whole dynamics of the area. Rather sad really

      Delete