Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Remembering

​today I remembered that I had half a dozen pairs of pants that needed taking up 

I had started doing them but the machine wasn’t playing nice. 

That’s when I took it to get serviced and repaired 

Since then I had totally forgotten about the pile of sewing waiting patiently 


Both hubby and I are vertically challenged 

So I had two pairs of pants and he had

Four to take up me one to mend. 

So another job done and dusted. 

We can’t rush these things you know 

8 comments:

  1. My opinion exactly. There is a time and place for everything. It all gets done, eventually 🤩🤩🤩

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that neither you nor I have those helpful household gnomes who do all the chores overnight while we sleep! Where can we get those? Can we order them from Amazon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I offered to give a house elf a job. I even was willing to pay them and give them holidays
      No one has applied

      Delete
  3. Vertically challenged 🤣 - that's Mr B and me. I cut so much off some trou for him that I save it for patching (even made peg bags out of the off-cut legs of one pair he got from somewhere - nearly 10" too long!). So nice to have the sewing machine back in action. I've been 'off-line' when needle broke and I had no spares. Resolved that last weekend so ---- to it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to save them for patching.
      I love your idea I might start saving them again.

      Delete
  4. one of those jobs that it is satisfying to see done ..but that does lurk and grow!!

    ReplyDelete