Monday, March 13, 2023

Something simple

I needed something simple and small to keep my hands occupied as working on the big mosaic blanket is just too hot and heavy now 

I’ve wanted to make one of those combination blankets using fabric and crochet 

I made the squares up a couple of weeks ago and they have been sitting and waiting for the crochet part. 

Today I blanket stitch all around each square 



I found a video tutorial called height tea crochet and decided to follow the pattern 

It’s pretty simple and looks pretty. 




One square down, nineteen more to go 
Should keep my hands too busy to eat. 

Well that’s the plan anyway 


7 comments:

  1. Oh the distraction tactics are well known in my house. Sometimes they work- sometimes not. I often wonder why not??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my case it’s because I’m very determined to eat and nothing stands in my way lol

      Delete
  2. Goodness! It's going to be SO pretty when finished...
    You know those head feeders farmers put on their horses? I have one...and it works...I can do all sorts of things and Still not go hungry...Hahaaa...NO! Not really but it Could work...lol
    Enjoy your day!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished product. Interesting combination of crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like the combo quilt Maryanne made, see her on Magpie's Mumblings. Interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is something different . Can't wait to see the result!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should pop by Magpie's Mumblings https://magpiesmumblings.blogspot.com/ she has been doing something similar. Can't wait to see your cross stitch. I find it relaxing doing it.

    ReplyDelete