Sunday, May 12, 2024

A night to remember

Last night solar storms were the strongest they have been in twenty years. 

Who hasn’t wanted to see the Aurora in their lives 

Here where I live we were fortunate to be in the middle of earths most spectacular show 

















I was able to just see the colours with the naked eye bit as soon as I views it through the phone camera it came to life 

It’s a huge bucket list item I can tick off. 
At no cost   How good is that! 

Still if I got the chance to travel north to see the lights, well, I’d definitely still go lol 

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mums.
Even Mother Nature is celebrating for us all 

12 comments:

  1. Whoa, that's such a sight. We had rain, so they weren't visible. They say maybe more tonight though. I did see the Northern lights long ago, camping in Algonquin Park in Ontario. Like massive curtains of green silk unfolding down the sky. I'm glad they came to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On how I’d love to see the. Northern lights. But honestly this was so unexpected
      I felt very blessed and I didn’t have to get jet lagged. So big bonus

      Delete
  2. I completely missed it last night. Not long ago, we had stunning red moving skies. Will see if I see any tonight. Unless I'm passed out from still being sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few bad viruses going round. I’ve been sick all week but I wasn’t going to miss this show. Even if they had to wheel me out in my death bed

      Delete
  3. Glorious colours. You should paint them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s definitely on the to do list
      Which is getting longer every day lol
      Did you guys see it go out tonight hopefully it’s as spectacular

      Delete
  4. I went out last night to see ours. I saw nothing. Lot of my friends got great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It comes out brighter when seen through the lense of a camera. I just used my phone no filters Just took the pics

      Delete
  5. Everyone is raving about those lights. They look spectacular.
    I had coffee on the waterfront with my daughters and 2 'adopted' daughters. They're all loads of fun. I had a wonderful morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a once in a lifetime exercise I think. The last really big solar storms were twenty years ago I doubt I’ll be here next time

      Delete