Thursday, May 9, 2024

Strange days indeed

This morning I felt better. So I went outside to water all the pots that don’t get any precipitation. 

The garden is looking neglected right now. Weeds everywhere and lots of pruning required. 

I’m waiting on the weather. We keep having nice days so lots of things are still blooming 




This poor little azalea looked dead. But I never pull things out straight away because I’m ever the optometrist 

And look. She’s come back to life. I’ll have clean her up and maybe give her a topping of compost but I have every faith in her 



These are daffodils. 
Winter hasn’t even started and they’re coming up 



Self seeded tomatoes 
They’re everywhere. I might transplant them and put them in my little hot house. See what happens 



My capsicum are flourishing 



Not sure what this is. It looked dead so hubby pulled it out. I planted it in a pot and now it’s fruiting 
See nothing ventured nothing gained 



Again not sure but I suspect broccolini 
They have gone straight to seed 



Camellia flowering 







Still getting roses 







The rosemary is flowering. Lots of bees visiting my garden they’re loving it 



The dwarf mulberry trees are starting to lose their leaves 

I’m thinking they’re too big for that area so once dormant. We will cut them back and transplant them. Give them a bit of room to breathe 



And teddy. Keeping guard protecting his domain 
He’s getting on and feels the cold so I have lots of jumpers for him 



Going outside I saw all the work piling up. But I have to be realistic and just leave them for now. 

It was nice to get outside. It’s not too cold. And the fresh air was lovely for my poor stuffy nose 


7 comments:

  1. There's so much work involved in gardening, isn't there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you felt well enough to get outside. You still have a lot of flowers going. It's interesting how some plants appreciate a second chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your don't-know-what looks very citrussy. And the suspected brocolini looks like mustard. Do you grow mustard greens? Despite your assertions it's looking neglected the garden is beautiful and still has loads of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to read youre feeling better. Better enough to have Ana tomorrow I hope. Your garden is still beautiful. Ours has some colour at the moment and I'm very happy to see that half a dozen pumpkin seeds I threw in haphazardly have sprouted and are growing. Maybe I'll get pumpkins this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The garden fun work, though never-ending. I am happy to read that you're feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagination your garden have any weeds in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nature is amazing how resilient she can be, adapting and growing when we think it shouldn't be possible. My daffodils haven't come up yet, but all the freesias have!

    ReplyDelete