Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Regular checking



Yesterday I had a colonoscopy and gastroscopy 
The gastroscopy isn’t an issue. Usually you fast for 12 hours before hand go in and 
Bobs your uncle out again before you realised you have been asleep. 

The colonoscopy is a whole different animal 

You fast the whole day before. Having only clear liquids, broth 
And black tea or coffee. 

These things do not fill the tummy at all!

Then you have to start drinking a powerful laxative drink. One every two hours starting at a specific 
Time depending on what time your appointment is 

THIS IS THE WORST

You live in the toilet, or your running to the toilet 
Which if you can’t run is always a game of chicken 
And you end up having a bottom like one of those baboon’s 

I just telling myself bowel cancer is way worse. So suck it up and just get on with it. 

Happy to say all clear. 
The barretts hasn’t come back 
And I’ve got the cleanest bowel ever! 

So I need to go back for a gastroscopy every three years. And I don’t need another 
Colonoscopy for about ten years. 
Unless of course I have symptoms 

So to end this horrid post. Here’s something to make you laugh 



Don’t forget to get yours checked 

5 comments:

  1. Yay for a clean (haha) bill of health. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are free and clean. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a couple of gastroscopies and several colonoscopies over the years -- I understand! Glad you're past them now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They could at least make that awful stuff taste better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear it's all over and you're in the clear. K has had a colonoscopy a few times. That prep keeps you running lol

    ReplyDelete