Sunday, August 6, 2023

Getting it done

I finished my tunic. It fits and is perfect for keeping my back warm but not overheating me 

I might make a couple more. 



I’ve cut the batting and backing fabric to size   All three parts are in here ready to take to the quilt shop 



I made a new wreath for my front door. 
We still had the autumnal one I made before I left for my trip. 

I think it looks very spring like   Hope the weather gods get the hint 



Hubby used his new toy to bring over a bale of straw so we could clean out the chicken coop and put fresh flooring for them 



Here it is all nice and clean. Neither hubby note I are as fit and healthy as we once were. But little by little we got it done 

He’s just giving the girls fresh water and going to lock them in   
Well that’s what I told him to do. But once he starts he keeps going until dark. 



And some farm animal spam 
The sheep eating their hay 



The chickens never far away. Always wanting to be where the action is 



The alpaca’s. keeping an eye on proceedings 



And more chook pictures 
The handsome Pendles. He like to pose 



Another weekend done and dusted. 
We may not be as productive as we once were. But we still get things done. Eventually 

6 comments:

  1. You seem to get a heck of a lot done - are they all your animals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they’re all ours. We also have two steers. But they’re still at the neighbours getting fat on their paddocks.
      Slowly slowly we do seem to get stuff done. Just not as quick as we once did

      Delete
  2. Love the tunic, a great idea. Did you use a pattern or just follow your instinct?
    The wreath is brilliant . What did you make it with. Looks unusual.
    Love the farm animal photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda followed a pattern for a crochet down jumper. I didn’t put the sleeves in
      I had some dried flowers in a vase and I got sick of them so I pulled them apart and made the wreath
      You know me. I don’t throw out anything lol

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. It all helps take my mind off my pain. So that’s the bonus

      Delete