Thursday, August 31, 2023

Getting started

It’s that time of year where I start to think of Christmas 
The hand made gifts need to be done and dusted before the event. 

So blanket one is done. 
I hope the intended recipient likes it. 
She lives flowers so during winter she can use these to keep warm 



Next project is now underway 
This person is all about the beach. So a wavy chevron was my go too 




The brown is for the rocks that are all over the beaches around here. Especially down Philip island where the seals like to sun themselves 

The blue is the water and then I’ll add a stripe of white 

I’ll definitely show you some progress shots 

I’m still resting. I’ve not set an alarm this week. So if I wake up I swim. If I don’t I figured my body needs the rest. I’m taking the pressure off myself and just go with what my body dictates 

For now I’ll enjoy the rest of my morning coffee and decide what I’ll tackle today   

10 comments:

  1. I haven't even thought about Christmas.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to make things you kinda have to get in early

      Delete
  2. Your recipients are so lucky! And I like your approach to activity at the moment. Ask your body what she wants, do that. It's very wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is stunning, Angela. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. It’s just following a pattern really

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic. The colours in the first blanket are gorgeous. And what a great story for the chevron. My daughter bought her 1st xmas present yesterday. It's a good reminder that the season isn't that far away. I don't want to do last minute shopping Again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not like going into shopping centres during the silly season. Way too many people

      Delete
  6. oooohhh nooooo - Christmas. Oh bother, now I have to start thinking about it. You are right that makery has to start early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually it’s the thinking part that’s the hardest I like to make things specially for someone that is totally just like them. So that takes lots of time

      Delete