Sunday, August 13, 2023

Nagambie

Friday we closed up shop early and headed off to nagambie for the weekend. It’s only a few hours north of home so perfect for a quick little getaway 

Saturday we visited the local brewery for lunch and a gin tasting 

I bought a bottle of the bartenders choice and navy strength both have won gold medals recently. 







A few locals came to visit 



A fire was a must this weekend. It’s was cold 



Camping isn’t like hotel stays. Every morning you have to do chores. Like Making the bed. 
Remember this blanket. Oh my. It’s so warm. Perfect for the van 



I have a heat pack that has a small metal disc in it. You crack that disc and a chemical reaction happens and you get heat.  to reset it. You have to boil it. So that was this mornings job. After coffee of course 



Inside views 



Outside views 







We are currently sitting enjoying the sunshine but soon we will head off home. 

10 comments:

  1. That looks like pretty luxurious camping, compared to the tent, sleeping bag on the ground type we used to do in the north of the state, in what we call mountains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We started off like that. But over the years our gear has got better and better. As we got older and older lol comfort and ease above all else

      Delete
  2. Safe drive home. Your caravan looks like a real home away from home.
    I understand there are some very good campsites in East Gippsland, you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I’ve heard that. Might come and visit one a few weeks from now lol
      Hope your feeling better.

      Delete
  3. You have a wonderful setup and that blanket is gorgeous. Would love a gin tasting. There's so many good gins now. It's no longer just Gordon's or Beefeaters which we mainly get here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were distilled right there So that kinda makes it extra special

      Delete
  4. Those wooly boots look the business. It's decades since I took a caravan holiday, over here caravans are static things more like flimsily built holiday apartments. As for the gin, well we hope you enjoy it. It's one of Mr B's drinks but I can't like it at all (except when doctored with sloes and sugar and then only in tiny doses) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my ugg boots. I’ve decided I need a new pair. So these will remain in the van as camping only and I’ll get a new pair for home. So warm
      I like my gin with tonic or a sugar free lemonade. Very refreshing during the summer.

      Delete