Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Inspiration


While sitting, crocheting and resting. I’ve been watching the great British sewing bee. 
Nancy introduced me to it in the UK. She had watched it here. I had never seen it. 

What a wonderful show. No nastiness or backstabbing just wonderful creativity 

Some of the ladies wore beautiful clothes that screamed crafter 





So the creative juices were inspired in me and I knew I had plenty of material at home to get started 

One of the weekly challenges was to take clothes and remake them into something new. Now when I was younger and had less income I’d buy clothes from the op shop and do this. 

This morning I went throw my wardrobe and pulled out things I knew I’d never wear again and ended up with a decent pile of supplies 


Look at the clothes hangers. I was running out and was contemplating buying more. I’ve already saved money 





It’s in a bag waiting for me to start. 
Boud from 

Does this all the time and I often think I should start doing this again. 

So today I’ll continue working on my crochet and watching the sewing bee. 

Getting even more ideas for future projects 

8 comments:

  1. I've never seen the Great British Sewing Bee but I've heard good things about the show. I do watch the Great British Baking Show (last year's series is airing now in Canada) and I enjoy that one. Oh, Paul Hollywood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of that show, but thank you for the shoutout! I do enjoy makeovers and up cycling. I hope you enjoy your new adventures, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had forgotten how I used to do that. You reminded me

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see some of your transformations. Do before and afters of everything (even if you don't post them in the end) because it's great to have the whole journey on any that you do post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do. I sometimes forget the before ones

      Delete
  4. I wish I could sew. I have a huge bag of clothes too big for me. Some I have taken down to the local seamstress who is quick and cheap for taking in a garment. However I could do so much more with them, than chucking them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she’s cheap go for it I say. Plus your helping the economic. So that’s a good thing too. YouTube is great for tutorials if you really want to try

      Delete