Monday, August 14, 2023

Mondayitis


It was very hard getting up this morning 
Since coming back I’ve really felt the cold. 
Hubby was up and gone early to drive a truck so it was me, Trixie and Bella the cat snuggled in bed 

But I made myself get up and go to the pool. 

Once I actually walk out the door I’m ok. 


Of course after swimming there was coffee and laughter. 
Which is perfect for my mental health 

A quick shop and home again. 




Dinner tonight is slow cooked pork, potatoes are underneath the meat 

I’ll also cook up broccoli and cauliflower 
Not from my garden   It’s been a long time since I’ve bought fresh veggies. 

The garden needs a bit of TLC. 
But once again. It’s just too cold outside 

I know I sound like a Broken record. 
Don’t worry soon I’ll be complaining about the heat 

14 comments:

  1. How cold does it get there in your wintertime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have mild winters. If we get a low of zero or maybe one or two degrees below we all go into shock. It is happening more often these days and I’m getting older

      Delete
  2. lol we’re leaving for home in four weeks time….have a word with the weather man and ask him nicely if he’ll lift the temperature a bit by then (please) 😊
    How cold is it by the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to defrost my car this morning before I could go swimming

      Delete
  3. It is the middle of our summer and it is cold, grey and miserable today. It just doesn't make me feel like doing anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I just want to stay home nice and warm

      Delete
  4. Well, you got up and went swimming. That was brave of you. Pat on the back. Now just snuggle up for the rest of the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I got up again today. I need a medal lol

      Delete
  5. Just wondering how cold it is. But everything is relative to what you're used to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don’t get snow. Just frosty ice on the car. So I need to defrost it before I can drive

      Delete
  6. My goodness that pork looks like a good idea. It has been dreadfully grey and damp here. You definitely got the best of our summer when you toured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that’s made me feel the cold more. Or maybe I’m just another year older lol

      Delete
  7. What cut is that pork? It look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure. But it said on the package that it was a slow cook one.
      It was so tender and juicy.

      Delete