Monday, January 8, 2024

A tail of two days

Yesterday after taking down the trees and cleaning up the mess. I heard there was lots of rain coming. So I went out and harvested what I could. 

I trimmed the beetroot leaves and cooked them to have as a salad later 



I turn the bulbs into pickles beetroot for winter salads 
I also made cucumber pickles 



Cooked a roast and had zucchini potatoes and the rest of the beets. They were yummy 



I also froze another bag of beans and zucchini for the slow cooker. 

By late afternoon the humidity began to ramp up and by the evening the rains hit 



Now we have water front views 
It was worse but once the rain eased off it quickly soaked in. The beauty of sandy soil 




Not feeling great today 
I either over did. Or the weather change had hit me 

Either way. I’ll rest and recharge and I’m sure I’ll be better soon 

With wild weather hitting all over the glob I hope and pray you all stay safe 

1 comment:

  1. Another healthy harvest. No need to water the rest for a while. Your garden will be blooming again

    ReplyDelete