Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Second day 2024

New year was a quiet affair 
A friend who now lives in another state is visiting family and came to spend new years with us. 

We are all in bed by 10.30 lol 

After she had left on New Year’s Day I took down the garland from around the craft room door 



This morning hubby and our son are riding their motorbikes to the farm. So I get stuck in and put away a heap of Christmas decorations 

The village 




The fire place 



And some of the decorations from the small lounge room 




The table has been returned to it’s normal state 



I’ve not put the full tubs away. As they’re now heavy. So I’ll wait till the boys come back. 

I’m now a tad sore. Don’t tell hubby. I’ll get into trouble for not waiting on him to help. 

I’ve taken one of my precious codine tablets that I got while I was in the uk. 

I’ll rest now. Maybe I’ll watch a movie. 
What’s a normal January 2nd day like for you 

7 comments:

  1. Surely you can get some opioid analgesia to help when your pain is bad? I know we have become ridiculously over-cautious in prescribing but you have a looong history and shouldn't have to live with pain.
    And we won't tell hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did give me a script for like six tablets about two months ago. I’ll definitely ask for more next time

      Delete
    2. That was me in case you didn’t realise lol

      Delete
  2. We won't if you don't! I'm glad you were able to get codeine in the UK, if it's very hard to get at home. Here too, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s getting ridiculous. Making rules for the few that abuse the drugs making those of us who don’t and need it suffer needlessly.

      Delete
  3. You did a lot of work today. Hope the codeine works and hubby doesn't ask questions

    ReplyDelete
  4. The codeine worked. And I got a look from hubby lol

    ReplyDelete