Sunday, June 16, 2024

Simple life

It’s grappa season. Our lovely neighbour has given me some so I’m turning it into rhubarb liquor 

I had lots of rhubarb so 
I got another bag of frozen apricots so I can make jam 



Although the morning was cold the day turned out nice so bedding was hung out to dry 



The frozen apricots actually have some rhubarb in the bag. I  added more and froze the leftover for another time 




Baby girl and family dropped off the community caravan   The sun was shining in the big window in the toy room it was lovely in there 





Trixie was relaxing watching the girls getting some sun 



Someone commented that they couldn’t imagine weeds in my garden so here is proof 



We will soon start the pruning of the roses. That will make weeding much easier 

Well that’s my excuse anyway 

Tomorrow is the start of another week 
Before we know it. It will be Christmas again 


7 comments:

  1. Can't think Christmas just yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby’s birthday is the trigger. Once that’s done and dusted I start to slowly buy Christmas presents. That gives me three months of preparation

      Delete
  2. Lovely family photos with Trixie as guard dog.
    I'm envious of your rhubarb liqueur. If my daughter can find s native NZ tree here maybe I can find a rhubarb plant or even a bag of the frozen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps no problem finding grappa! Just a different name. Fav drink of hubby .

      Delete
    2. I bet you can smell it in the air when it’s grappa time.
      I use the word because everyone’s knows it.
      Raki, moonshine it’s all the same lol rocket fuel

      Delete
  3. Trixie looks like she's just been to the groomers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The groomer was here on Wednesday. She has an appointment every three weeks.
      I go to the hairdressers once a year!

      Delete