Sunday, June 2, 2024

Unraveling

hubby’s jumper was too big. 
Wayyyyy to big. It actually looked like a tent! 

So I decided it had to be all pulled out and I’ll start again 
Hubby didn’t care. He said he’d wear it but honestly he could of camped in it. 
So on hour drive down to the farm I started to rip it out 


Going 


Going 


Going 


Going 


Gone! 

I’ll start again but casting on less and I won’t be increasing as much 
And I’ll measure at every step instead of just going by the patterns figures 

At least it was a great way of learning. 
Silver lining 


11 comments:

  1. Oh boy! The best thing you could do though is unravel. I'd hate seeing my husband wearing something I wasn't happy with. What can I say, Happy Knitting! You can do it...... again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you know. People would “talk” lol

      Delete
  2. He's such a good sport! But I can see you wouldn't be happy seeing it in him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I wouldn’t. I’d be very embarrassed

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Than you. If it doesn’t work this time I’ll quit

      Delete
  4. Unless I want the colors in a certain way, I knit from the old jumper and avoid the unravelling/rolling part of it. :) Good luck with your next attempt. I'm a process knitter (enjoy the process as much as the finished garment), so never mind reknitting things. Too many times I've found the yarn wants to be something else entirely. #truestory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn’t thought of that. It’s very satisfying seeing all the round balls ready to start again. So I don’t mind

      Delete
  5. Maybe you will get 2 jumpers out of it. Pulling out can also be satisfying if you enjoy the knitting as well as yoh enjoy the end product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kept me occupied during the long drive at least. And yes I’ll use way less yarn

      Delete
  6. I enjoy that colour combination. I hope you knit it again in the same colours

    ReplyDelete