Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Back to normal

Well for a few days anyway. 
Got up and went swimming. Not busy at all. Until around 7.30. When a mum and kids turned up
So we got out and headed off for coffee. 
We don’t like all the splashing.  We don’t swim to get wet hair you know lol 

After coffee I headed home to do a few things and now sitting and working on a pair of socks 
Actually using proper sock yarn.  

This is from bendigo wool mills. It’s lovely and soft. The yarn is variegated 
So it will be exciting to see how it looks once it’s knitted up. 



Yesterday we had a very hot day. 
Last night the temps didn’t drop much and stayed in the mid 20’s  Celsius 

We have had a change and it’s much cooler and it’s raining on and off. 
So a perfect day to craft 
It’s nice to rest up after all the excitement and busyness of the last few days. 

13 comments:

  1. It was cooler out than in when I finally surfaced. What pattern are you using for your socks? I can't wait to see how they knit up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s just simple stockinet Still getting used to doing the actual bits and bobs of the sock without confusing me with a pattern lol

      Delete
  2. We get back to our everyday routines very quickly after the excitement of Christmas, don't we!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like routine. I’m comfortable when I have it.
      So the sooner I can get back to normal the better.

      Delete
  3. Two days back at work now.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The countdown to your retirement is on at least.

      Delete
  4. I’m sure something has upset the weather god - heatwave to icy cold (well feels like it) in 12hrs!
    I hear you on not being in the pool when there’s kids around. My visits are going to be extra early during the school hols.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually they sleep in and don’t get there until we are well and truly out of there. But I’m guessing the hot night kept them awake.
      Yes the sudden drop actually made me feel cold

      Delete
  5. You made me smile. I hate getting my hair wet when I swim. I do a heads-up breast-stroke.
    The weather has gone made everywhere. It's very warm here though the mornings are incredibly damp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We laugh about it constantly. The guys who swim the same time as we do. All make fun of us

      Delete
  6. Swimming sounds lovely right about now but it's so cold here I don't think I can brave it! Despite being a Mum I'm not a big fan of the splashing either. Our pools separate lane swimming from fun/family swim time so that's always helpful!

    Your knitting is so beautifully neat and tidy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are separated as well. But some splashes are very big lol
      Thank you. I’ve been practicing my knitting for a while now

      Delete
  7. Your colour of sock wool looks the same as some F is using up right now (she calls it 'rust' but it probably has a more exotic colour name). Xmas is great but it's nice to get back to normal (and normal amounts of sugar in the small humans). Xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete