Thursday, July 6, 2023

Domesticity




I’ve been trying to get into the swing of things again 

It’s not only been jet lag that has hit me hard,  the inevitable crash, plus getting a few pieces of distressing news, 
Has kinda put me into a deep black hole. 

But I’ve had my pity party. 
I will help those I can, and deal with what I cannot 
And life will move on. Illness and disease is horrible and tragic. 
Especially when it happens to those very young who have their whole lives ahead of them. 

So today I kicked myself in the bottom and I’ve been busy just ticking off the mundane things 
Vacuuming. Washing and making biscuits. Or cookies for those that call them that 

It’s a mix I had frozen and it felt a little funny when I started to make the biscuits. 
I almost threw it out but kept mixing and baked them. 
They taste fine. 


Said she might drop in. So now I’ve got something yummy to have with our cuppas 

Remember to cherish everyday. 




6 comments:

  1. Hope a good chat and cuppa with Sparkling M brings some sparkle back into your life.
    It can be hard sometimes to get out of that black hole and continue on.
    Baking and eating and a bit of drinking with a friend always helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you have to deal with bad news. But Caro will cheer you up, you'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read you came down with such a crash after your fast paced exploits on the other side of the world. Bad news happens on lots of days, how we react is often a function of how steady our support systems are - you have been away from yours for a while and the routines are all messed up. The world will spin on the right axis for you soon. xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, reality always intrudes again once we're home from holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been feeling a bit down too Angela. I think it's a combination of jet lag and post holiday blues. We were pumped so long for the holiday and then we were going 100 mph on the holiday. Now we are in recovery mode. Go easy on yourself....brighter days ahead! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. The post holiday bump when life looks you in the face and says ‘where the h*** have you been’ is bad enough without any added extras…..thinking of you as you attempt the big climb back up the hill 😘

    ReplyDelete